Redesigned Motor Mount

We needed to create a more exact design for our motor mount.  We ended up taking foam display board a cutting out a shape that fit our cart more precisely.  I then took that foam cutout and dimensioned it.  I input the dimensions into Pro/E and ran a new FEA.  Here is our new design.

We also chose to go with a 1/4 inch hot roll steel.  This saves money because steel is cheaper than aluminum.   We are also able to go thinner in material thickness without sacrificing any strength.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: